Seamus's Blog

Seamus's Blog
Seamus's Blog

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Big Blue

Maybe it will come tomorrow. That's what Mom has been saying for over a week. "Well Seamus - maybe it will come tomorrow". The suspense was killing me - what was going to come tomorrow. Then on Thursday - "it" came. The Post Man, whom I haven't met yet, walked down the driveway and left something big outside the garage door. Of course I let him know that I knew he was there by giving a couple of loud barks. Was it my imagination or did he almost run back to his van...

Mom went outside to get "it". I stayed behind to guard the house. "It" was a big, brown, square thing. Well that's not very exciting I thought. However, Mom was quite excited about it. She opened the brown thing and this big blue thing practically exploded from the "box" that it had been held captive in. Mom pulled it out and shook it out and carried it into the sitting room. She put it on the floor and I had an "aHA" moment. It was a bed, a great BIG bed and it was all for me. I threw myself on it - best to let it know who's the boss right away. Ooooh it's so snuggly and warm and fluffy and it's all mine. Mom blathered on in the back ground - there you go lovie, blah, blah, cutie, blah, blah, new bed, blah, blah.

Big Blue is green... or rather it's environmentally friendly. It came from a place call westpawdesign.com and it's stuffing is made 100% from recycled soda bottles. (My pooper scooper bags are green too (even though they are orange) and they are biodegradable... but I'm not gonna talk poop right now).

As I was sunggling on big blue - Mom took my very first dog bed and put it in the brown box. I felt a small pang of ....something... as she put my old bed (little brown) in the box.... but perhaps it was gas as I'd had a big lunch and I was feeling bloated. I do have to say one thing - Sorry Josh! I kind of ate the bed you got me. It was tasty, I mean comfy.